Fwd: Re: Re-pizza

Alan Westrope adwestro at ouray.cudenver.edu
Mon May 1 17:04:28 CDT 1995

On Sun, 30 Apr 1995 19:32:05 -0400, <Dkipen at aol.com> wrote:

> Beach Pizza, BenProfane assured us in a recent posting distilled from the
> April 20 LATimes South Bay edition, stands at or next to 217 33rd (Street,
> Avenue, Thoroughfare?) in Manhattan Beach. Perhaps we should endeavor to
> invite the Times' source for TRP's South Bay stay, a Mr. Hill of the Redondo
> Pier Assn., which hierophant might be prevailed upon to take us on a tour of
> Pynchon's MB. It was suggested to me that Sunday May 7 might make a more
> convenient convening date than Monday May 8, if that doesn't discomfit the
> purists amongst us too much. What say ye?

Ye ask, What eat our merry Band
En Route to lovely MARYLAND?

But I digress...anyway, though I enjoy the traffic on this list, I
can't imagine a less appetizing bunch to go for pizza with!  I expect
it will take less than a minute before the dialogue about choice of
toppings will degenerate into a recital of the Whole Sick Schtick
of Mexico and Bodine at Utgarthaloki's, sending the genteel patrons of
Beach Pizza out the door in droves...:-)

In any case, I hope a member of the Elect will bring a camera and snap
a few pix of TRP's old haunts.  Perhaps they could eventually be digitized
and made available via ftp, www, etc.  Just a thought...

Alan Westrope                  <awestrop at nyx10.cs.du.edu>
__________/|-,                 <adwestro at ouray.cudenver.edu>
   (_)    \|-'                  2.6.2 public key: finger / servers
PGP 0xB8359639:  D6 89 74 03 77 C8 2D 43   7C CA 6D 57 29 25 69 23