Kenosha; unsub; Roky

Paul DiFilippo ac038 at osfn.rhilinet.gov
Fri May 12 17:21:54 CDT 1995

Is it way off base--or has it been mentioned--that perhaps
Kenosha is a play on "kenosis" which term my handy-dandy OED
defines as "the self-limitation of the divine power and
attributes by the Son of God in the Incarnation."
Doesn't everyone know by now that the accepted way to leave
the Pynchon list is by posting sufficent Koopmanesque messages
for the majority to demand your departure?
The latest issue of REQUEST magazine--a Sam Goody Record store
promo thingie--has a fascinating update on Roky Erikson written
by one of his "caretakers."  I"ll just quote the following:
"Ever since his postal bust, Roky has been sending away, day
after day, for anything he can order through the mail.  Monahan
theorizes that it's his revenge on the postal authorities....
'I've got a mail-order business,' he once told me with a smile."

--
Paul Di Filippo/2 Poplar St./Providence, RI 02906/401-751-0139
"Real eyes realize real lies."