Kenosha, Fractals . . . In reply to 05A25CE06F98

PNOTESBD at cnsvax.uwec.edu PNOTESBD at cnsvax.uwec.edu
Tue May 16 16:53:14 CDT 1995

In some ways for me it is less important what TRP knows--though he clearly
knows a lot--or has knowingly put in his fiction, than what happens when we
read the texts.  It's here that the concepts from chaos theory are so
interesting to me.  For all the confusion GR produces in readers, especially
on the first go, repeated readings reveals patterns and orders and
connections that hold the book together in ways that fulfill the line about
paranoia: "that *everything is connected*, everything in the Creation."
Chaos theory seems to break us out from the constraints of habitual ways of
seeing phenomena, and the same could be said about the experience of reading
GR.

Duffy