Pirate's Gift

Paul Mackin mackin at allware.com
Wed May 17 08:43:45 CDT 1995

>      Let's not forget the text.  The explanation of bananas in wartime London
> is plainly stated. Pirate gets  "a friend who flew the
> Rio-to-Ascension-to-Fort-Lamy run to pinch him a sapling banana tree or two...
> " which he plants "in the unbelievable black topsoil, in which anything could
> grow, not the least being bananas."  Pirate even built a glass hothouse.

Your explanation for the bananas (from the text) is infinitely better than
the dream theory. Even if Pirate only dreamed about his friend flying
them in. I personally am not a dream theorist. For me, the first dream
clearly ends at the bottom of page 2. Sorry to have brought this up one
last time, despite your apeel.

					Pablo