Chaos, Fractals & GR

Bonnie Surfus (ENG) surfus at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Sat May 20 21:29:27 CDT 1995

On Sat, 20 May 1995, Tim Ware wrote:

> BUT, if we don't bring systems to GR, what DO we bring?  I think bringing
> systems is better than nothing at all.  Really.
>
> Tim
We really don't have to worry about bringing anything or not.  Systems
organize, evolve, change, deconstruct, etc.  It's a foregone conclusion
that some system (don't we mean ideology?) influences our reading.
and there's no getting outside of ideology.  It's not a matter of choice.

Jeffrey--I was also wild about _The Dancing Wu Li Masters_ but was never
tempted to say, or to believe I'd found "the" key to GR.  But it is hard
to avoid making such inferences.  I don't think this means that we can't
claim, however personally, to've found some manner of negotiating
meaning.  What does Gaddis' Jack Gibbs say?  "Don't bring a god damned
thing to it, can't take a god damned thing away."  (prob not verbatim)

Bonnie>