Pirate's Gift/dream theory

OUTRSPACIA at aol.com OUTRSPACIA at aol.com
Sat May 27 08:42:41 CDT 1995

I have to say that the dream theory seems too easy. The dream approach is
like fiction 101. However slow a learner pynchon may have been, he at least
made it into 202.
Besides why is a dream theory even necessary? What do we gain by putting the
novel inside a dream. A dream creates a convenient container for the novel,
but it probably doesn't reveal anything useful about it's contents.

I will say that if you need it to be inside a dream, let it be inside the
dream of an autistic child, like the entire television series of "St.
Elsewhere" a couple years back.