One last word-Pirate's dream

RICHARD ROMEO RR.TFCNY at mail.fdncenter.org
Wed May 31 09:26:00 CDT 1995

One other connection about GR being Pirate's dream:  In Finnegans Wake,
the whole book is ostensibly HCE's (the sleeping giant's) dream.
I came upon this idea of Pirate's dream somewhat not within my normal
faculties if you catch my drift.
Let's not underestimate the power of outer-stimulants in Pynchon's (or
Joyce's for that matter-an interesting thesis-Joyce and LSD for
example-it is mentioned in FW as another name for HCE) work.  GR would
not be half as great if in Pynchon's work if in his words "he wasn'y so
fucked up" at the time of writing.

rich
nyc