State of Science at end of 18th century

RICHARD ROMEO RR.TFCNY at mail.fdncenter.org
Tue Apr 1 12:41:00 CST 1997

Brian wrote:  It's data in the raw, but I do have one source.  My
grandmother gave me a book,
coffee table size and about two inches thick, called the Timeline of
Science,
or something like that.  I think it's from a series of timeline books,
the first one being called the Timeline of History
------------------------------
I've seen it--it is very informative.  I would recommend _Longitude_
also.  I am certain Reverend Neville Maskelyne will appear in M&D
("brilliant but a bit of a swot").  that name:  mescaline, masculine?
I'm just about to start a new bio on Capt. Cook, who I believe shuttled
M&D around at some point--think it was his first voyage.  I'll also post
the full entry for Charles Mason which appears in the Dictionary of
National Biography, (pub. in the UK)  later today.

Richard Romeo
Coordinator of Cooperating Collections
The Foundation Center-NYC
212-807-2417