get pynched in san francisco

The Booksmith read at booksmith.com
Mon Apr 14 12:32:18 CDT 1997

if you are a pynchon fan and want to get your copy of "Mason & Dixon" as
soon as possible, then give the booksmith a call at (800) 493-7323 or (415)
863-8688. the official release date is april 30. give us a call and we
would be more than happy to hold a copy for you.

here is some updated pynchon news:

there are two new pynchon pages online. the first is an illustrated
checklist of titles by and about thomas pynchon (including the "Letters of
Wanda Tinasky") which can be found at
http://www.booksmith.com/fiction/pynchonbooks.html. order any book from
this page - including the forthcoming "Mason & Dixon" - and receive three
free THOMAS PYNCHON TRADING CARDS. from there you will be able to reach our
online thomas pynchon quiz at
http://www.booksmith.com/pynchquiz.html. fill out all of the answers
correctly and you will be entered into a raffle to win a free unsigned
first edition copy of pynchon's new novel, "Mason& Dixon" (hardback,
$27.50), as well as five of our exclusive THOMAS PYNCHON TRADING CARDS.

the booksmith author trading cards are similar to baseball cards, and
feature a picture of the author on the front and vital information/the
stats, on the back. we create them to promote events at our store. (to take
a look at the picture on the card, please visit
http://www.booksmith.com/events.html)

                              *****

speaking of events. . . on april 30th at 7pm, the booksmith in san
francisco is hosting a THOMAS PYNCHON CELEBRATION !

join us as we host a very special evening of prizes, fanfare, and manic
hoopla celebrating the historic release of another really long book by
thomas ruggles pynchon, jr. "Mason & Dixon" is pynch's first book in 6
years, and is purportedly the book he's been working at on & off since
"Gravity's Rainbow". come dressed as your favorite pynchon character, or as
the mystery man himself! (prizes awarded for "best costume"!). there will
be readings from the new book, crowning of a quiz champion and more. a wild
& wooly Walpurgisnacht is guaranteed for all!

The Booksmith
1644 Haight Street (between Clayton & Cole)
San Francisco, California 94117

(800) 493-7323 -- phone
(415) 863-8688
(415) 863-2540 -- fax

http://www.booksmith.com/

email: read at booksmith.com

"One of the strongest websites in the business." - PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY