Reconstructing Deconstruction

Deng, Stephen sdeng at spss.com
Mon Apr 21 14:02:05 CDT 1997

Somehow, I don't think New Historicism will catch on in the mainstream like
Deconstruction has.  After all, people won't know what to think when some
designer says "That Ralph Fiennes really New Historicizes the big screen."
 A good sign is that New Criticism, whose name has a similar feel, never
made it to the popular press.  Who knows, though?

Steve Deng