tom tom club

Heikki Raudaskoski hraudask at sun3.oulu.fi
Sat Aug 2 13:48:49 CDT 1997

Tom Tomorrow's "This Modern World" strip of July 30 (Cincinnati City
Beat + n "alternative" weeklies around the continent) deals with Dole
Company's new brochure, "Lighten Up Your Day":

Hey, everyone! Feeling stressed out? Overworked? Depressed?

"Well, our friends at *Dole Juice* have just released a brochure *full*
of helpful ideas to 'Lighten Up Your Day'..."

For instance, they point out that "jokes and funny stories help lighten
up tough situations. Remembering the funny incidents that make you
laugh -- and retelling them to others -- help re-focus energy out of
the stress!"

[square male # 1:] "*Jokes* and *funny stories*, eh? Gosh, that
never *occurred* to me!"

[square male # 2, addressing the square # 1:] "Hey, didja hear the one
about the rabbi, the priest, and the *talking duck*!

What comes after this does not seem to allude to TP, and I am willing
to obey Penny's sensible guidelines; no more air-guitar solos.

Heikki