MDMD[5]: B.H. of C.

RICHARD ROMEO RR.TFCNY at mail.fdncenter.org
Mon Aug 11 09:58:00 CDT 1997

the b.d wrote:  "Black Hole can also be read as a sexual orifice (take
your pick, to each
their own).  Which is supported by the eroticism of the scene.  In which
case, what (if any)  is the end result of the copulation?"
true freedom, true equality, infinite death.  master fearing slave,
dominates, yet, in some silent way, wishes to be the subjected, and in
small increments of future moments, wishes, becomes both, sharing fluids,
sweat, and the ecstasy that is the offspring of mass suicide.  sex is but
one component of the psyche of such madmen.  in fact, I would argue, the
primary pleasure for Vroom and his ilke is not sexual but somehow a
release from the oppressive psychological burden (cognizant or otherwise)
that so-called masters must endure as masters.  A sharing, if you will,
of their pain with the oppressed.  But, we the readers, understand this
is only fetish, recreation, a timed game and pre-existent relationships
will, jelly-like, slink back to the rotten molds that they had some short
hours before, abandoned.  Thus, fanatsies fulfilled but ultimately
unfullfilling, perpetrating the sterile lust, and moral decay, as
represented by Vroom and others.

Richard Romeo
Coordinator of Cooperating Collections
The Foundation Center-NYC