Selling books (was: Denis Johnson)

Bruce Appelbaum Bruce_Appelbaum at chemsystems.com
Tue Aug 12 08:25:29 CDT 1997

     You think that's bad, try to find a copy of Valley of the Dolls.

Subject: Re: Selling books (was: Denis Johnson)
Author:  Andersen Jesper Sparre <janderse at haverford.edu> at Internet
Date:    8/12/97 9:09 AM

The censorship gets even worse then that.  Border's and Barnes & Noble
have a really do limit not only which authors can be read, but what
material can be read by the authors they wich to carry.  Have you ever
tried to get a copy of Myra Breckenri.. (sp?) Borders carriers all the
lovely histroical type novels by Gore Vidal, but his controversial stuff,
somehow, never really seems to make it to the shelves.  I had to get
someone to fish out a copy from "out back" for me a couple of weeks ago.

Sacry stuff.

        Jesper Andersen