Book Selling/Censorship

jester jester at snet.net
Tue Aug 12 13:48:07 CDT 1997

You think it's bad with books -- how about videos, too??!!
I mean, both books and vids run in and out of print so quickly lately...
Furthermore, I'm not sure about the runtime for a nw hardcover before it is
remaindered and the ppr back comes out -- but new vids always find
themselves in the "previously rented" bins within weeks... Scary.

Though I admit buying from B&N, most of my purchases there are planned (with
recommendations coming from friends or the net), and I seldom find anything
there worth reading I don't know about before going to the store...  The
best books I've ever read have been recommendations from friends! :)

As for videos -- I NEVER go into a chain store.  Ever.  I hate blockbuster.
I don't need my videos whitewashed and cleaned up for "family" audiences.
When that starts happening to books, I'll really go underground.  ;)

JJ "JEster"