Pynchon on TV

hb hbell at sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu
Fri Aug 15 16:41:13 CDT 1997

I'm sure this has been talked about, yet I'm not sure, I was
off the list at the time it aired.
Did ya'll see that segment on
CNN about Pynchon, how they showed all these people,
then said he was one of the shown?
Well, my friend's girlfriend taped it, since
she knew I was a Pynchon freak and she had read _crying of lot 49_,
and I didn't know about the segment till she told me, so she let me
borrow it and some friends and I watched it, and rewound it,
and oh how obvious it was as to which one was him.
I wonder how he felt about that?
His most recent appearance, on TV!
I'm sure not many people taped it and had the chance to rewind and
review, but you know,
and no one could be 100% positive that it was him,
but the one I'm thinkin of, if any were,
it was him.

hb