Television Vs. Reading

hb hbell at sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu
Fri Aug 15 16:43:01 CDT 1997

With all this talk of TV vs. Fiction, etc.
I think a super good essay, about the two, the future and the
convergence, is David Foster Wallace's
_E Unibus Pluram: Television and U.S. Fiction_
from his newest collection _A supposedly fun thing..._
if ya'll haven't already read it you should check it out,
he mentions Pynchon a good bit, along with others
here mentioned, DeLillo, Gaddis, etc.

hb