MDMD (6)----p195,196 Asiatick Pygmies

Paul Mackin mackin at allware.com
Sun Aug 17 08:07:41 CDT 1997

Eric writes:

> Strange how they inhabit 11 days that do not exist.
> Nice if strange idea. Overall however,
> I found this moment in the text most perplexing.
> Did anyone have any reaction to this?
> Or perhaps I will understand after another pint
> at the George?

One more revisit to this and I'm finished. Can't get over P's genius
for identifying small recesses in the fabric of reality, then burrowing
in for all they are worth. The fissures are only nominal, but all
the better. They are his virtual rabbit holes. Inside, we find a
new world, unretricted by the rules of the outside, invariably
enhancing the mood and progress of the story.

Or so it seems to me this sticky hot Sunday morning Washingon DC
where I am home to at last. Have missed you all.

			P.