read/listen

Jesse Wick jesswick at msn.com
Wed Jan 8 23:02:51 CST 1997

Reading: "Joseph and his Brothers" by Thomas Mann. (oof)
A short anthology of Greek lyric poems, for relief.
Just finished a re-read of John Kennedy Toole's "Confederacy of Dunces."
Anyone who hasn't read this really, really should. It's a hoot.
It was nice to see someone mention Bob Benchley, just when I thought he'd been
forgotten forever. I like to read Benchley in the bathroom-- the articles are
just about the right length. (sorry)

Listening: Bowie, because it's his birthday. And HEY -- I LIKE "Modern Love."

Panicked in Detroit,
JW