High-Priced Coffee

Henry M gravity at nicom.com
Fri Jan 10 13:14:07 CST 1997

I once had a coupla yuppie cousins to dinner. One of 'em asked what
kinda coffee I had served, 'cause he'd enjoyed it so much. Wouldn't
believe me when I told'm Chock Full'o Nuts.

> Date:          Fri, 10 Jan 1997 13:52:16 -0500 (EST)
> From:          Joe Varo <vjvaro at erie.net>
> To:            Pynchon List <pynchon-l at waste.org>
> Subject:       High-Priced Coffee

> Maybe I'm not enough of a coffee conniseur, or maybe my taste buds have
> been deadened by Chase & Sanborn, Folgers, etc., but I just don't
> understand why anyone would pay $2.50 for a cup of coffee.
>
> I'll grant you that the coffee is good, but not THAT good.
>
> And being in a small city, coffee joints still have that "trendy" air
> about them and attract every beatnik-wannabe-poetaster in town.
>
> Just give me a can of Chock Full O'Nuts and a coffee maker (percolator or
> drip) and I'm just fine.
>
> Joe "Don't want no damned latte" Varo
> vjvaro at erie.net

My mother was of the sky... -- JL
My mother is the war...
Keep cool, but care. -- TRP
Moderation in moderation. -- Husky Mariner
Not having that, which having... :-|

http://www.nicom.com/~gravity