reading/hearing: + M&D

Flavio famelo at brnet.com.br
Sat Jan 11 13:18:38 CST 1997

tribe at primenet.com wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Jesse Wick wrote:
>
> > Bill Burns wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone suggest some good reading in comparative religion/mythology?
> >
> Robert Graves' _The White Goddess_ is always a good bet for this.  It's
> not scholarship, but he somehow pulls it off.:)
>
> Tribe

I read only the first volume of Frazer's "The Golden Bough" so far, but
I think it's absolutely essential in the religion/mythology field. You
probably came across it before, but do not let anyone tell you that it's
old-fashioned, or too full of prejudices, or too long to be worth
reading. Draw your own conclusions.

Flavio