I knew that

hb hbell at sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu
Mon Jan 13 01:17:41 CST 1997

At 10:33 PM 1/11/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I always find Big Star to be excellent wallowing music...

oh yeah... I too also found Big Star good inward music
        mostly their "Third" album, also, now released in its new format
"Third/Sister Lovers"...
        "Nightime" and "Blue Moon" can't be beat...

ALso, Galaxie 500 is good melancholy music...
        "Spook" from, gosh i forget which album...
 They got a box set out now...If you never listened to'm try'm....
"On Fire" is really good....  Dean Warham...their main dude was later in Luna,
but I don't think Luna has ever matched up.

I guess lately though...If I've been feeling that way, my fave song is
probably the Palace Brothers..."You'll Miss Me When I Burn".....
        a line, "if you have no one, no one can hurt you..."
good stuff, all Palace...

Nick Cave fans, he confessed that his fave album of 96 was Palace - "Arise,
Therefore".........good choice..

I always liked some of the mellow VU too....
 like "Candy Says"...."Pale Blue Eyes" and OH...if you want depresso Lou
Reed, try out his "Berlin" album...  goot goot goot...

Gosh, too long, sorry....I could go on and on but none of this has to do
with Mr. Pynchon....
sorry folx