Rock & Roll and Language (was: 70s crap)

MantaRay at aol.com MantaRay at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 20:41:00 CDT 1997

>Think about it...have you ever heard rock in any of the romance languages?
>You've got German (e.g. the Scorpions), Dutch (Golden Earring) and there
>was a Swedish group....not ABBA....damn....oh....Roxette.  But I've never
>heard of any french, italian or spanish rock & roll.

Because they never know when to shut up. A French buddy of mine played some
huge French rockband for me (ALL the way down the I-5 to L.A.!) and all I
could say was, "Where's the music?" Nothing but talk talk talk. Kind of like
Ani DiFranco. Different lyrics, same guitar rhythm, same musical patterns
(Note: my sister has played me only what she terms "the early stuff," so all
you Ani-heads chill). Bo-ring.

Golden Earring....I still think that Twilight Zone song kicked ass. And I
wasn't even into that kind of music when that song came out.

MantaRay