Check it out!

LARSSON at VAX1.Mankato.MSUS.EDU LARSSON at VAX1.Mankato.MSUS.EDU
Tue Jun 3 10:49:28 CDT 1997

Mittlewerk's conundrum:
"> you'e at the checkout line at Price Chopper, express lane, 5 items
> or less, repeat, you must be checking out 5 items or less."

On what planet does this checkout lane exist?  I think of the episode of
THE SIMPSONS where Apu has been cashiered from the Quickie Mart and Marge
takes him shopping at the ultra-huge grocery store.

Apu: "Unlimited selections at rock-bottom prices, but where is the love?"

Store PA: "Attention shoppers!  We just wanted to remind you that we love you!"

Shoppers: "Awww!!!"

Marge wants to get in the express line ("1000 items or less") but Apu saves
the day by pointing out the line made up of lonely single men with only
a few items each!

Now, *that's* reality!

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)