CNN Crap

RICHARD ROMEO RR.TFCNY at mail.fdncenter.org
Fri Jun 6 09:23:00 CDT 1997

I expected as much from the segment, frankly I don't give a shit what
Pynch look like now, geez Louise he looked alot like Joe Dimaggio, I was
quite annoyed they didn't even mention any of the titles, they just
showed'em off on camera, who the fuck is this "Pynchon Reader", what is a
"Pynchon Reader?" , also Mr. Moore could've been a wee bit more specific,
"o he's up there with the greats"-I mean I coulda said that, Mary Jo
know-nothing, let's not talk 'bout her.
Look, I think typical folks watching CNN crap maybe be readers in some
way.  But, geez, anyone not really familiar with TRP, based on this
"show", would not get any reason to read him--what's the point, really?
maybe davemarc's right--Holt's pr dept coup who I won't stop complaining
to at the American Library Association Meeting in San Francisco in a
couple of weeks (at least, until they give me a fucking poster)

Richard Romeo
Coordinator of Cooperating Collections
The Foundation Center-NYC
212-807-2417