Time to lift the "spoiler" warning

Matthew B Hoyt fibers at juno.com
Sun May 18 05:09:49 CDT 1997

*** Warning Spoilers from the Cover of M&D **********

I agree with Jody.  The time is now to act like big boys and girls and
discuss this book.  I guess I got my read on the "spoiler crowd", when
one of the pleas cited "feng shui" 's mention as giving away something.

>From the inside cover of M&D:

"Along the way they encounter a plentiful cast of characters, including
Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and Samuel Johnson, a
Swedish irredentist, a talking dog, and a robot duck."

No one has posted that reading the cover has spoiled their read to
my knowledge.

I understand those that want to keep their first encounter
"pure".  So along with not reading reviews (or the book's cover)
 take a vacation from the list, it is archived.  Or get the diget
and stow it away until your reading is done.

This isn't a murder mystery (so far).  Cherrycoke reveals the
death of one major character very early on.  Pynchon's
writing is very nonlinear, my experience has been that
knowledge of upcoming episodes actually has enhanced
my reading.

Matt