gentle Will

ckaratnytsky at nypl.org ckaratnytsky at nypl.org
Tue May 20 15:54:29 CDT 1997

     New Yorkers, ahoy!

     Young Will Karlin, having done the fountain dance at NYU, is off to
     the sunny climes of DiFilippo Country -- Providence, RI -- where he
     will take up residence in the Physics Department at Brown University.
     Naturally, we want to ply Will with copious amounts of alcohol before
     he packs his bags, so the call goes out to those who may be interested
     in attending a small event in his honor.

     The date chosen is Thursday, 29 May.  The place to be announced,
     depending on the number of attendees.  Mitch Ritter, a friend of Penny
     Padgett's, is in town for a while, and wants to meet the g-gang, but,
     alas, regrets have *already* been received (I can't be-LIEVE it!) from
     my friend, that charmer Mittelwerk, who's all tied up that day going
     head-to-head with Deep Blue, and, writing, in his inimitable style, a
     dozen or so violent adventure novels.  (Boo!  C'mon, change your mind,
     Mitty...please?)  As a consolation, maybe we'll have a surprise
     visitor or two to our Bohemian Shangri-La...who knows, hmmm?

     davemarc suggests an M&D discussion as part of the evening's
     entertainment, so maybe I'll give a holler over to the Pynchons and
     see if we can't use their den when they're done with the pig wrestling.

     RSVP to me privately, please.

     Chris