M&D Review

Steven Maas (CUTR) maas at cutr.eng.usf.edu
Tue May 27 08:02:00 CDT 1997

Well here's the review you've all been waiting for from that national
arbiter of taste--The Tampa Tribune ("All the news we can buy cheap off
the wire since we downsized half our reporters").

http://www.tampatrib.com/baylife/book109x.htm

By Daniel Vilmure, "novelist and Tampa native" (I'm sure I've seen the
name before but I can't think where).  For the first half or so of the
review you'd think he mostly likes it, but he ends pretty negatively. He's
evidently a big fan of GR. He makes some interesting points.  The last
line is, cutesily, "If Pynchon is our cutesy Homer, this book is his
'Cutesiad.'"

	Steve Maas