**MD/GR

3DEM11 at QUCDN.QueensU.CA 3DEM11 at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Sat Sep 13 19:07:21 CDT 1997


Oh Charles, I believe I have been flamed for the first time...sort of like
losing my virginity:  a little painful but basically inconsequential.

some points in my own defence:
a) I didn't call Paul a misogynist, nor do I think he is one.
I'd reserve that word for extreme cases. Didn't like Paul's analogy--
hope he doesn't think I would ever call him a misogynist.

b) I didn't say an image inspires a rape.  But language is a complex
thing. And representation. And who gets to talk.


c) As far as my dislike of Paul's remark as "policing thought":
How cliche. Really.

d)  Ditto for the holocaust victim/raving feminist analogy.

Yes, I expressed "indignation" as you termed it--are you policing that?
Or, maybe I should unsubscribe like I did two years ago because I
never heard any female voices and found the tone of the men's posts
really intimidating.
If you have any more issues with me or my feminism, let's take it off-list.
Dana



More information about the Pynchon-l mailing list