Puppet-like women in M&D? (was childbirth crap)

Tod Mahony mahony at halcyon.com
Thu Sep 25 13:28:00 CDT 1997

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Paul Mackin wrote:

> [Andrew (??I think?? sorry if not!) wrote:]
> >
> > No one has yet complained about how wimpy, formulaic, perversted and
> > puppet-like the women in M&D are. Anyone want to start the ball[s]
> > rolling? And if not, why not?
>
> Brae seemed on top of things.
>
> But generally true. There was even one of those 'what do
> women want' discussions somewhere in part I.
>
> 						P.

Seems like there were a couple of those "what do they want" passages, but
I took them more as demonstrations of M&D's (esp. Mason's) dope-headedness
regarding women.

Another M&D woman who seems to buck the 'wimpy puppet' syndrome is the
character who, literally kidnapped from in front of a hot stove, ends up
escaping her Jesuit captors.  (Pardon my vagueness, my memory sucks.)  She
doesn't seem formulaic or puppet-like to me.  Then again, I was a little
confused as to whether she was a character in "The Ghastly Fop" or a
character in M&D..

Tod