Dopers or Just Plain Dopes?

Michael D. Workman m-workman at nwu.edu
Mon Dec 21 10:02:02 CST 1998

"Natural Form of Marijuana in Humans a Medical Mystery" - Here's one for the
little-known-fact files: we all have medical marijuana's intoxicating
properties floating throughout our bodies . . . naturally. Called
cannabinoids, after the euphoria-inducing plant Cannabis sativa, this family
of compounds blocks pain, erases memories and triggers hunger. Newer studies
show that cannabinoids may regulate the immune system, enhance reproduction
and even protect the brain from stroke and trauma damage. The compounds have
become one of the looming mysteries of the nervous system and a field of
exploding scientific interest. Chicago Tribune, 12/18, Sec. 1, p. 36.

Cheerio,

Michael Workman
Northwestern University
Department Of Cardiology

"Now, if these men do not die well, it will be a black
matter for the King that led them to it."

--Henry V, Shakespeare