GRGR(13) Notes (Pt 1)

RICHARD_WILSON at udlp.com RICHARD_WILSON at udlp.com
Thu Nov 4 15:41:48 CST 1999

David pleads:

i was referring to something Doug Millison wrote last week:

>>> TRP expands on the little girl theme and otherwise parallels
>>> Slothrop's paranoid quest in Pokler's story when we get to the mid-point
>>> (Pokler with his little "daughters" at Zwolfkinder, Pokler's paranoia about
>>> how and why he gets to be where he gets to be precisely when he gets there
>>> echoing Slothrop's paranoia) of the novel.

so *double* in the sense of being paranoid/little-girl-associated (perhaps i
should have thrown in a "(which Doug pointed out)" after "parallels" in my
note)....

the father-son angle you point out is interesting in that it reminds me of the
pairing  of Steven Dedalus and Poldy Bloom (in _Ulysses_).

--rwilson

"double your (mindless) pleasure, double your fun" -- wrigley's gum jingle