The apocheir critic

Otto Sell o.sell at telda.net
Sat Oct 7 01:20:41 CDT 2000

Another e-mail address begging to be considered as spam.
According to my highly disturbed postmodern German mind everybody who calls
someone else "fascist" on this list simply reveals some sort of inner
fascism himself, showing that he's not willing to hear the opinion of the
other.
It doesn't matter that I don't know the origins of the Doug-Jbor-quarrel, I
see the effects on others. People takes sides, leaving the middle, deciding
for one side of the binary, getting fanatic.

Neither Doug is a list-nazi for voting for a moderated list nor is rj a
neonazi for showing some affection for the Blicero-figure, trying to get it
out of the corner of the absolute evil.
The Holocaust is neither the central topic nor absent in the novel.
But calling Kai, our Mr. Nick (kinda liked that nickname), a drug-taking
"mythical young fascist" is infamous. I surely disagree with his diction and
opinions sometimes but I assure you that he's no fascist, not at all. Or not
more than myself, having sucked in this inevitable German instinct for
murder with my mother's milk.
I'm not joking, I'm totally serious about this but calling myself postmodern
I cannot react in a non-ironic way anymore.
You, BIG ONE, who calls himself sometimes Slothrop, must have missed many
posts.
Don't forget which Tarot-card Slothrop represents.
I liked your yesterday`s post better:

Proverbs for fanatics, 1:
Fanatics are always wrong, no matter what they stand for.

Proverbs for Pretenders, 1:
Aliases are always lies, no matter which purpose they fullfill.

Otto (the small one)