GRGR Finale Re: Homophobia in GR?

Paul Mackin pmackin at clark.net
Sun Sep 10 21:58:18 CDT 2000

To answer Dave Monroe's question I don't think anyone called GR
homophobic. There was some kind of attempt to show from the text that he
in fact was not. Plus I myself advanced the theory that the question
lacked real meaning because homophobia only has useful meaning when
there's the question of the denial of human rights and a serious novel
cannot deny human rights. No one is going to read GR and then go out on
a gay bashing spree. Not everyone agreed with my thesis I feel sure.

			P.