Rocket(s) & Savagery.7

Terrance F. Flaherty lycidas2 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 25 20:10:13 CDT 2000

Paul Mackin wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Terrance F. Flaherty wrote:
>
> > What's up with this savage?
>
> Not entirely sure.
>
> A savage of some depth.
>
> Can this sauvage be salvaged?
>
> Who is savaged, who is salvaged, who is saved?
>
>                 P.

"For the thousandth time: I said spooks because I meant
spooks.

Philip Roth, The Human Stain

Looked up the word savage in my old dictionary. Kool, real
cool word.

Anyway, I'm not teaching Conrad's Heart of Darkness, To Kill
A Mockingbird, or even Things Fall Apart (Students hate this
book, that's my experience, taught it dozens of times), but
I'm teaching Savage Inequalities again and  Monster :
Autobiography of an L.A. Gang Member,The by Sanyika Shakur,
Monster Kody Scott. Word!

Peace out,

Terrance