The Last Nazi Rocket Scientist

Dave Monroe monroe at mpm.edu
Sat Sep 9 21:22:08 CDT 2000

Well, hey, kids, couldn't keep THIS under my hairpiece, so, well, for better or
(more likely) worse, I'm back.  Hope you're still around, Inger.  Do do DO see
the following, if you haven't already ...

http://history.msfc.nasa.gov/special/disney.html

... and here be pictures!

http://www.ccsi.com/~srogers/hobbies/rockets/retro/vonbraun/

... having trouble accessing this one, but ...

www.vonbrauncelebration.org/HistoryArts.html

In the meantime, a friend called to tell me the new issue of The Fortean Times
(http://www.forteantimes.com/) has an interesting (albeit not currently
online--apparently, they want you to BUY the magazine) bit of V-@ apocrypha in
it.  Apparently, one Norman Bergrun claims that one of the V-2 team (Willy
Fiedler or somesuch?) actually went up in a V-2 prototype whilst working on the
guidance system.  Of course, Bergrun also claims that giant cylindrical objects
are spewing out the rings of Saturn
(http://www.anomalies.net/~bergrun/bergrun.htm), but ... well, an interesting
rumor, hoax, whatever, whether or not it's true, just wonder how long it's been
around ...