globalization & Pynchon?

Doug Millison DMillison at ftmg.net
Wed Apr 25 17:05:12 CDT 2001

What does Pynchon have to say about the effects of multinational
corporations on the human condition? My reading of V., GR, Vineland, M&D,
tells me he's not a fan of what they do or how they do it, but I'm feel
certain somebody will point out the defects of such an assumption.

Good to see you posting at length, cfa!

In another forum:
Is a Sweatshop Better Than No Work At All? A look at the complexities of
global working conditions
It's easy to protest sweatshop labor, but to actually change global working
conditions is a painfully slow and frustrating process, as the Gap
discovered when it tried to enforce better conditions at one of its El
Salvador factories.
http://www.plastic.com/article.pl?sid=01/04/24/1653203