Unrelated Lothrops

Dave Monroe davidmmonroe at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 02:23:34 CDT 2001

Well, my life has always struck me as Beckettian,
though perhaps not positively so ... but it's all I
can do to not find me some Beckett List as well, spend
ALL my time online.  And I'm curious if anyone else
here is familiar with Kobo Abe, who I think would be a
natural in this crowd, perhaps even more so than
Haruki Murakami (not to be confused with Ryu Marakami,
who might also be of interest nonetheless.  Osamu
Dazai?  Let me know ...) ...

Anyway, I'm with Slothenvypride (reminds me of the
woman who named her daughetrs after the most beautiful
names in the Bible: SyPHILlis and GoNORrhea), good
call, that adjacent gravestone is not unreminiscent of
what seems to be Pynchon's penchant for making
recourse to cognates of various words, even words just
plain nearby other words on the dictionary page.  See,
of course, Charles Hollander on this.  The ol' "Magic
Eye" is alive and well, even in yr antique graveyards