MDMD(6): Jesuits Slowly Creeping In . . .

Michel Ryckx michel.ryckx at freebel.net
Thu Oct 18 06:07:03 CDT 2001

John Bailey, during MDMD(2), on Jesuits, Masons and others perhaps
conspiring, asked us to pay attention to them, if I remember well.

This is Chapter Eight and we have had following mentions of the Jesuits:

(1) Ch.3, 15.35: (Dixon's talking) "There's this Jesuit, this Corsican,
and this Chinaman [. . .]"
The context is a joke that goes untold.  But do note: a Jesuit is if it
were a nationality.

(2) Ch. 5, 44.7: "[. . .] via Father Boscovitch or another available
messenger [. . .]", where the context is science.  Definitely not
negative.  Mason says this.

(3) Ch. 7, 73.9: "I'm not a fucking Jesuit, Mason.  If Jesuits are
manipulating me, then are we two punches in a Droll-booth, Friend  [. .
.] ", where the Jesuits are being represented (by Dixon) as
manipulators.

(4) Ch.8, 81.20-23: "(Wim) " [the Fiji guitar ] first introduc'd there
two hundred years ago by Portuguese Jesuits [. . .]" [. . .] "I see the
Jesuit part claerly enough," Greet remarked. ", a clear enough, and
rather innocent context.

And perhaps the reference to William of Orange may be counted as a
Jesuit reference as well.  The contexts is then: politics, while Jesuits
are manipulating in the background.

Michel.