NP: Postcard from LA

Dave Monroe davidmmonroe at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 18:56:13 CDT 2001

Very quickly, as I try to catch up on a few days'
worth of stuff here.  I've seen Mulholland Drive twice
now, and, while I didn't hate it, I'm hardly excited
about it, either.  Strangely indifferent, even.  I do
miss the snappy dialogue of yr Blue Velvet or Wild at
Heart or "Twin Peaks," for one thing.  And there
seemed an awful lot of down time on the rejeceted (I
can see why ...) teevee pilot end oif things.  Anyway,
I'm very curious as to what anybody might have to say
in its favor (or otherwise).  Offlist, onlist,
whatever.  Convince me.  On the other hand, it was
genital mutialation day at the cinema for me
yesterday.  From Hell and In the Realm of the Senses
... but hey, Thomas, if you can, see at least Waking
Life (dir. Richard "Slacker" Linklater) as well, am
also very curious as to how y'all might respond to
that one ...