hi!

David Morris fqmorris at hotmail.com
Thu May 30 08:50:15 CDT 2002

>From: Graham Benton <bentonthom at earthlink.net>
>
>Of course, any discussion of food and GR would have to include, I would
>think, a look at the gastronomical grotesqueries of the alliterative word
>game played by Pig Bodine and Roger Mexico (see pg 715 Penguin).

Yes, and the disgusting English Candy routine also.  Both of these suggest
the use of food (or the thought of food) as a psychological weapon.

>And, not to delve too deeply into this, one might think of the importance
>of the breakdown of food through the digestive track and the prevalence of
>toilets (the Tranvestite's Toilet episode, the Toiletship, the Roseland
>Ballroom bathroom and even Gen'l Brigadier's source of nourishment....)

Yes to this also.  This really opens up the door to Freud in a big way.
Norman O. Brown's *Life Against Death* is an important source in this
regard.

David Morris