Blicero's "politics"

Scott Badger lupine at ncia.net
Mon Feb 24 21:36:58 CST 2003

Rob:
>Yes, I think so. He certainly craves transcendence. But I'm not so sure
that
>he is "gnostic", or that he ever truly believes himself to be a "god"; more
>that his disciples and followers have sought to elevate him to godhead.

Well, I find "gnostic" to be about as slippery a term as entropy, so it's
not unlikely that I'm way off the mark, but.....the desire to transcend what
I think Blicero sees as a corrupt form and the secret/High knowledge of the
rocket, within which Gottfried's sacrifice is carried out, is what suggested
gnostic to me....on the face of it, at least....and while Gottfried's
"sacrifice" might not be read as gnostic, if instead we read it as a
"baptism", as I think Blicero sees it, then....

Scott Badger