Pynchon and Orwell

Richard Romeo romeocheeseburger at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 22:03:49 CST 2003


thx. for the info, Mr. Q.
I've been reading Hitchens' Why Orwell Matters.  I
suppose CH is attracted to Orwell because of CH's own
squabbles with the left and the right and maybe CH
sees in Orwell an independent political thinker and a
precursor to himself today in some way. In any case,
it is a nice intro to Orwell, imho.

I wasn't aware that Orwell was the originator of the
term "cold war".

Rich



- The Great Quail <quail at libyrinth.com> wrote:
> Hey!
> 
> I just got news from my peeps at Penguin. It seems
> that Pynchon is not only
> doing a foreword to "1984," but perhaps to several
> other Orwell centennial
> editions as well. I asked for some additional
> information (oddly, they don't
> seem to understand that this is The Most Important
> News Ever) and I will be
> certain to pass it along as soon as I hear back.
> 
> Happies,
> 
> --Quail
> 


__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
http://taxes.yahoo.com/



More information about the Pynchon-l mailing list