Pale Fire

James Kyllo jkyllo at clara.net
Mon Jun 16 12:12:55 CDT 2003

> Another example of the author pointing us toward particular lines in the
> commentary is in the foreword, where we're told to take note of his
commentary
> on the last line of the poem, the missing line.  It is very interesting,
and
> opens up all sorts of speculations about the reality of what we're
reading.  If
> you waited to read that line untill youg got to the end of the book you
might
> miss a lot along the way.

Well..  I bought, and read, PF yesterday; with a policy (adopted because of
the talk
of spoilers here) of not following links forward into the book.

While undoubtedly I did miss a lot along the way, and will read it again
soon, I'm
glad not to have read the end in the beginning, and to have let things
become
apparent more gradually

James