Pale Fire

James Spencer jspencer78 at charter.net
Mon Jun 16 18:20:40 CDT 2003

On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 05:46  PM, s~Z wrote:

> would try to follow his instructions <<<
>
> And readers who want to get inside the Kinbote perspective.

But then why would a first time reader be looking for this perspective,
particularly with the fact that VN makes so very, very clear in the
Introduction that Kinbote is, at best, very, very skewed in his
perspective.  We may very well be talking from different readers'
perspectives.  I'm only talking about how I would suggest a first time
reader approach the book.  Certainly, one of the reasons that PF is
such a great work is that it lends itself to so many different ways of
reading it.

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

jspencer78 at charter.net

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"