"your mother hoping to hang that Gold Star"

Mutualcode at aol.com Mutualcode at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 05:08:51 CST 2003

In a message dated 3/10/2003 2:00:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
paul.mackin at verizon.net writes:

> It's a partial answer to Roger's famous meditation on WHAT THE WAR
> WANTS. p.131
>
> My mother is the war declares Roger . . . . P.39

What about dad? I mean w/r/t the metaphor, or whatever the proper
rhetorical term for substituting one's female parent for "the war" might be.
Unless Roger's was a virgin birth, "the war" had to mate with something
(or someone) in order to conceive him. The god of fiction, perhaps?

respectfully