Orwell & Nineteen Eighty-Four

s~Z keithsz at concentric.net
Tue May 6 19:21:14 CDT 2003

> don't think Pynchon was writing any type of
> treatise--just being himself as usual.

He is an uncanny blend of erudition and whimsy.
It's what I like about him. He doesn't take himself,
nor his opinions too seriously. Even in his alleged
non-fiction there is a wink and a smile. Avuncularity.
He makes you want to hold his hand and grin like
that kid. Yet, he still reminds me of Woody Allen
at the end of Manhattan telling his teen love interest
she needs to have a little more faith in people.