NP Michael Moore
barbara100
barbara100 at jps.net
Sun Jul 11 11:17:14 CDT 2004
I think many people will register to vote after seeing the movie. I heard
reports of voter reg booths set up outside theaters all over the country.
One woman passed out voter reg cards inside the theater and was thrown out
by management. When she took to the parking lot, the police were called and
she was threatened with arrest.
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/pennsylvania/9029209.htm?1c
How antidemocratic is that?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Otto" <ottosell at yahoo.de>
To: "Pynchon-L" <pynchon-l at waste.org>
>
> Good question, Tim -- but as I can choose which news channel I want to
> listen to, Fox, CNN, BBC or Sky, I can choose not to give any of my money
> to Moore by watching his movie. It's quite easy to ignore him, I can watch
> Spiderman 2 instead. Are the conservatives so nervous that they could
loose
> the election because some of those who haven't decided yet could base
their
> decision on Moore's movie? If there are people who will register to vote
> because of the movie that would be a good thing for the democracy, but I
> doubt that.
>
More information about the Pynchon-l
mailing list