The real business of the war is all theatre/theater

Otto ottosell at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 14 14:33:10 CDT 2004

>  On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 10:15, Otto wrote:
>
> > There's a remarkable sentence in the German Wikipedia entry on IG
Farben:

> > "Das Vorbild dazu waren die Firmenzusammenschlüsse zu so genannten
> > Trusts in den USA, wie z.B. Standard Oil. Diese Trusts waren
> > Zentralaktiengesellschaften, entstanden durch die Vereinigung mehrer
> > Aktiengesellschaften, die zwar formell ihre Existenz behielten,
> > tatsächlich jede Selbständigkeit aber verloren. Die Ausschaltung des
> > Konkurrenzkampfes erlaubte eine Gewinnmaximierung und das
> > einfachere Durchsetzen der eigenen Interessen."
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I.G._Farben_Industrie
> >
> > It says in the first sentence that the example for IG Farben has been
> > the American Trust-system, namely Standard Oil.
>

> This would be the general view of English-language encyclopaedias as
> well--that the IG was patterned after the American Trusts.

I just mean, if it's correct that" From its birth IG Farben had been at war
with the rest of the world, with the United States as a main target"
(Sasuly. Chapter 11, verse on, lines 1-2.) and if the IG was patterned after
the American Trusts may I then conclude that Standard Oil was at war with
the rest of the world too? Could it be possible that trusts generally are at
war with the rest of the world, that it maybe is a structural element of big
capitalist structures turning into T-Rexes biting dead reflexively
everything around that moves? I mean, this would explain a lot.

Otto