Crowley as a Pynchon source?

Glenn Scheper glenn_scheper at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 22 09:09:59 CST 2005

> For he is ever a sun,
> and she a moon.
> But to him is the winged secret flame,
> and to her the stooping starlight.

I long recognized Crowley as a fellow of autofellatio,
same as pynchon, so they hearken to the same ontology.

http://www.hermetic.com/osiris/legendofpasiphae.htm
Aleister Crowley and the Legend of Pasiphae By Frater Osiris 2001

http://www.themage.net/Crowley/Book%20of%20the%20Law.htm
The Mage -- The Book of the Law by Aliester Crowley

Reading _The Mage_ has given new insight to my account,
http://home.earthlink.net/~glenn_scheper/2005-04-09.htm
wherein:
 1. I would exposit autofellatio.
 2. A woman appears, initiates coitus.
 3. A old man with erection appears.
 4. A choice given: in anus or mouth? -- Mouth.
 5. The man pours semen from his mouth into my mouth.
 6. I am abject: I resolve to war against it all.
 7. The scene is now a great city, or temple.

In recent days, I took comfort from this vision,
assuming the old man was God or an Angel of God.

In fact, these John Wilmot, second Earl of Rochester verses,
> Oh, that I could by any chemic art
> To sperm convert my spirit and my heart,
reminded me of the raised Jesus pouring out the holy spirit,
(being interpreted, autofellated semen of an own-self-father)
and allow me to posit a reasonable explanation, that Joseph,
a righteous man (autofellator), by some act (cunnilingus?),
impregnated Mary with the Holy Spirit (defined just above).

Due to the RCC associations, I pondered that old man might be
Peter, who, binding on earth (the woman), would also bind in
heaven (in all divinities, god-men, the self in my vision).

My vision also represents the 'primal scene' of a god-man,
the implied existant enternal father for all sons-of-man,
as I was beginning to distill from those Pierce lectures;

2. What is the Scope of the Semiotic Realm?
throughout his life Peirce turned to the notions of mutuality,
mediation, and reciprocity in a variety of ways,
depending on the project before him.
When he worked on his long list of categories as a youth
he displayed the relations among the category-stages,
and showed their triadic interrelations,
but he did not go the question of how each stage got to the next.
He simply said in effect:
' ... and A and B turn into C'.
Then and later he embraced the notion of teleological causation(!)

http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/epc/srb/cyber/esp8.html
 He describes being as "something that,
 at its own periphery (or at its own center,
 or here and there in its mesh),
 secretes a part of itself that tends to interpret itself."
 Eco and others have described semiosis as occurring in 'semiosic space'
 that consists of a network of interrelated intersections,
 where any intersection may be linked to any other,
 with no truly fixed points,
 and without hierarchy.

Fascinating: Pierce, tireless, labors to exposit something
that was to come, an idea that produced Pierce as exponent.

Googling "Umberto Eco secretes" found various gems:
http://sunzi1.lib.hku.hk/hkuto/view/B27773188/ft.pdf
The spatial practice of a society secretes that society's space

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Books/reviews/generalfiction/0,6121,676445,00.html
The faculty which secretes selfhood round some initial grain' atrophies in him.

http://www.us.oup.com/pdf/0195139992_01.pdf
as Amutacurapi (literally, that which secretes amrta, the nectar of immortality)

http://www.lkwdpl.org/davincicode/
for this tiny gland was said to secrete the very essence of active longevity,
... Umberto Eco said it marked the Vortex of Earthly Forces.

http://librairie.auchandirect.fr/themes/clavel_james_114.htm
http://www.susqneuro.com/publications/beginnings/Begin.htm
http://www.brianbrett.ca/writings/honeysong.html
http://www.jungiantherapy.com/transfem.shtml
http://www.uturn.org/Crook/CRKSTORYpdf.pdf

Yesterday, my vision's interpretation turned disgusting again,
when I recognized in a recent hire a similar face as that man.
Such man, expert in Visual Studio, produced the code template
on which I now labor. That is, I have gobbled up his own words
as my own, to labor upon. The edifice may be the next Windows.
But reading _The Mage_ has pulled my vision out of the gutter,
and back up to the proper high level of a sacred harlot's bed.
I always recognize an inspired writing when the right-columns
of text aligned without effort, as happened in this paragraph.

Yours truly,
Glenn Scheper
http://home.earthlink.net/~glenn_scheper/
glenn_scheper + at + earthlink.net