Pirate "pixilated" GR Part 1 Section 2

Ghetta Life ghetta_outta at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:36:48 CST 2005

firm (n.)
"business house," 1744, from Ger. Firma "a business, name of a business,"
originally "signature," from It. firma "signature," from firmare "to sign,"
from L. firmare "make firm, affirm, confirm (by signature)," from firmus
"firm, stable" (see firm (adj.)).

firm (adj.)
c.1378, from O.Fr. ferme, from L. firmus "firm, stable," from PIE base
*dher(e)- "to hold, support" (cf. Skt. dharmah "custom, law," Gk. thronos
"seat," Lith. dirzmas "strong," Welsh dir "hard," Breton dir "steel"). The
return in late 1500s to -i- from M.E. ferme was modeled on the L.